Hays Today

A crazy mother bear, that loves her little family.

Monday, October 11, 2010

rest

to say that things are a little crazy, would be a bit of an under-statement. we are getting close to finishing the house which means that we have spent many $$$ to get here, and it feels like this cow is cashed out. and then just the basic drama that people have,we have that plus some. but this weekend was the perfect way to find peace in the valley. Emrie convinced me that she needed to go to her aunt mac's and uncle chris's house to see that baby TUCKER. so on friday afternoon i cried as i sent my baby away for her 2 night trip. this is the 2nd and probably last time i want to spend 2 nights away from her. but anyways this left me and Len some good quality time together. her got to take off work Saturday, which has not happened in 6 months. so that was very exciting, until i had to work this Saturday, which was not the best but we made do.
that evening we headed south to the little town of Davis, we ate at this cute, great atmosphere place called "The Cliffs." then drove on into town to stay at "The Villa Inn" very cute and cozy. we set out on the deck drinking coffee and water, i read a great book about loving God like Crazy. and got to take a whirl pool bath for about 1 hour, with no interruptions. what a wonderful gift, the peace and quite and a spa bath tub.
i wish i would of taken some pictures...
i feel refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of life. God shows me every time i get with Him, just how insignificant my piddly complaints are. when i look at all my blessings God has given me and all the blessings i know He has in store for me, and i find myself griping and moaning. its just seems like a ridiculous way to be. i pray that i can focus on the positive and blessings i have, and not the crazy drama part. when i think of all the specific detail God put into every part of creation, i think He can handle my Issues.

2 comments:

  1. Cassie I have been there. When we were building our house I was about to go crazy. It didn't help that I was 8 months pregnant when we started and Kelby was 3 months old when we moved in. Also Brad's new head coaching job at the time. Money, Money, Money! I had never written checks that big in my life! It was crazy times. Try to Enjoy everything. Take lot's of pictures and put them in an album. When you look back in a few years, you'll thank the Lord that you went through all of it cause it's worth it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I am excited about yall's new house!!! You guys will love being back out in the country!

    ReplyDelete