Hays Today

A crazy mother bear, that loves her little family.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

what 60 years mean to me....

Today we celebrated my nana and papa 60th wedding anniversary.  i wanted to say this today in front of everyone but i could not due to crazy emotions.  every time i think about this pair i cry.  such deep deep emotional and memories flood my mind.  
 they are not the type of grandparents that you spend the holidays with, we spent our every day life's with them.  when i was a kid, i remember sleeping on a cot at the foot of their bed, in my nana's nightgown.  a few years later i remember the pull out couch.  then i made progress to the room next to theirs.
 they are the ones that we take on family ski trips to babysit our kids.  they will sit out in the freezing cold just to watch emrie "barrel race."   they never miss birthdays or special events.
 when i used to ride the bus, i would ride it to their house.  when i was a teenager, my friends would meet me at their house.  i can't think of a time in my whole life that i have went a whole week without seeing them.
 He baptized me on his birthday on october 11th, 1992.   i wore this velvet dress, and the water was so cold.  then my sweet papa got to "bab-a-tize" our baby girl on april 21st, 2013.  see they not only are a HUGE part of their grandkids but the great-gradnkids get to have the same blessings.


 our papa and nana would take us every year to all our cow shows, no matter how far or how hot they took us.
 i look back over my life, and i can honestly say  that their love, consistency, and example has truly shaped me.  i hope that some day me and len can leave such a legacy.
Happy 60th my Nana and Papa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment